When you are in a car accident, there’s a lot that can overwhelm you. You’re worried about who was hurt, who was at fault, and what you’re supposed to do next. The first step is getting a lawyer to help you with your claim.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, a Lexington car accident lawyer from the Law Office of Todd W. Burris is ready to stand by your side. You will have a lawyer who is looking out for your best interest and will work hard to get you the compensation you need.
Understanding a Complex Car Wreck Claim
It’s easy to feel confused or lost when dealing with a car accident claim. You should have a dependable line of communication with your lawyer so they can answer your questions thoroughly. If you feel that you can’t speak with your lawyer or they’re arrogant and rude when you do speak, you should consider exploring other legal options.
When discussing your case, you may have questions about the following:
- Breakdown of the Accident. You can ask about what the ultimate cause of the accident was, like what the person was doing that led them to colliding with you.
- Scope of the Accident. You may wonder about how much damage the accident caused. You can ask about injuries, property damages, and what you’ve lost if you weren’t able to work.
- What You Can Expect. Talk about what your settlement amount could be and what it will cover.
Your Personal Injury Lawyer Will Hold the Negligent Party Responsible
Car crashes cause severe injuries that prevent you from working and can require a lot of medical attention to fix. With the help of your lawyer, the person who caused the accident will be held accountable so the financial burden doesn’t fall on you. Your settlement may include:
- Benefits for Pain and Suffering and Lost Wages. Your compensation could cover for the injuries you’ve had to live with since the accident and the loss of earnings if the injuries have kept you from working.
- Punitive Damages. These damages are meant as a punishment to the responsible party. It may make them think twice before driving negligently again.
- Expenses for Funeral and Burial Services. Sometimes, car accidents can result in fatalities. If you’ve lost a loved one because of a car accident, you can still get justice for them with a wrongful death claim. In the event of a wrongful death, your personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages for the funeral and burial, but if you were dependent on your loved one you can also get compensation to help you support your family.
While your lawyer can’t undo what happened or take away the trauma that you experienced, you can rest assured that someone is fighting solely for you and will not settle for anything less than you deserve. After your settlement, you’ll know that you took action on your or a loved one’s behalf.